|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Boned Kippers (7lb box)|
|Boned Kippers are cold smoked filleted Herrings.
Cold smoked means these Kippers are not ready to eat and will require cooking. The Herrings used in our Boned Kippers are locally sourced and smoked in the smoke houses of Grimsby.
Kipper and Potato Salad
3 large Potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
4 Kipper Fillets
5 tbsp Olive Oil
1 teasp Mustard (check ingredients)
1 Green Capsicum
Fresh Parsley, chopped
Fresh Marjoram, chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in a pan of and lightly salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the kipper fillets in a pan with a little milk and black pepper and lightly poach for 10 minutes or until just cooked. Drain the potatoes and kippers and leave both to cool.
3. Put the oil and mustard into a salad bowl and mix well.
4. Cut the fish into small pieces and dice the potatoes.
5. Peel, core and chop the apples. Deseed and chop the capsicum. Add the apples, capsicum, potatoes and kippers to the salad bowl containing the oil and mustard. Season with pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
6. Serve with toast.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk