|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Crevettes - 1kg boxes of 20/30 count cooked and frozen large Crevettes.|
Creamed Prawn Soup
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Stick Celery, finely chopped
1 Leek, finely chopped
3 Large tomatoes, chopped
450g/1lb Large Raw Prawns (Shrimps) in shell
1.1L/40fl.oz. Hot Water 120m
l/4fl.oz. Dry White Wine
1 Bouquet Garni
1 Egg yolk
1. Melt half the butter in a large saucepan, add the chopped vegetables and sauté over a low heat for about 10 minutes without browning.
2. Meanwhile, shell the prawns, reserving the shells and heads.
3. Add the prawn shells and heads to the vegetables together with the hot water, wine, bouquet garni and tomatoes. Season with pepper then cover and simmer gently for one hour.
4. At the end of the cooking time, strain the stock through a sieve into a large bowl, pressing the shells and vegetables with a wooden spoon to extract as much of the juice as possible. Set aside.
5. Melt the remainder of the butter in the rinsed out saucepan then add the flour and cook over a medium heat stirring to make a roux.
6. Over a medium heat, add the strained stock a little at a time, stirring well between each addition. Raise the heat, bring to the boil then reduce the heat again and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat together the egg yolk and cream. Set aside.
8. After the simmering time, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg mixture.
9. Add the prawns and brandy, mix well then return to a very low heat, and heat gently, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes until the soup thickens slightly and the prawns are cooked. Do not boil. Serve immediately.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk