|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Sea Bass - 400/600g whole farmed fish, very fresh. Can be gutted, headed or filleted as requested
Please note that despite our best efforts fish are not caught in uniform sizes and we aim for within a 5% discrepancy
on quoted weights. These weights are taken before any finishing options e.g skinning or filleting are applied.
Sea Bass with Chives
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Shallots, finely chopped
4 Sea Bass Fillets, skin on
Salt and Black Pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped Chives
120ml/4fl.oz. Crème Fraîche
1. Heat 1 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan add the shallots and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, score the skin of the bass several times with the tip of a very sharp knife and season the fish well with salt and pepper.
3. Add the remaining oil to the softened onions, re-heat until quite hot then add the fish (skin-side down) and fry for about 4 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
4. Meanwhile, place the chives and crème fraîche in a small mixing bowl, and season with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Turn the fish and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
6. To serve - transfer the fish to a warmed serving platter and spoon the crème fraîche mixture over the top so it melts on and around the fish. Serve immediately.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk