|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Black Bream are a plump whole fish similar to Sea Bass which can be gutted, headed and Filleted as needed.
Black Bream also know as Sea Bream is a name given to many different varieties of Bream, we sell only the Mediterranean gilt-head which is widely regarded as the tastiest bream with its firm white flesh.
Please note that despite our best efforts fish are not caught in uniform sizes and we aim for within a 5% discrepancy
on quoted weights. These weights are taken before any finishing options e.g skinning or filleting are applied.
Brema a la Gaditana
From the Cadiz Region in South-Western Spain
Whole Sea Bream, (about 1.3Kg/3lb), scaled,
cleaned and filleted
120ml/4fl.oz. Olive Oil
60ml/2fl.oz. Spanish Brandy
1 Onion, chopped
2 Green Capsicums (sweet peppers)
450g/1lb Tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and puréed
2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Pepper
60ml/2fl.oz. Fino Sherry
1. Deseed the peppers and cut into strips. Heat half of the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and peppers and sauté until soft.
2. Add the puréed tomato, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper and Sherry and simmer until the sauce is reduced, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the fillets into pieces of about 5cm/2 inches long and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan until hot, add the fish and brown on both sides.
4. Sprinkle in the brandy, set it alight and gently swirl the casserole until flames go out. Set aside.
5. Once the sauce is thickened, pour it over the fish, return to a low heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk