|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Skate Wings - Our Skate is usually sourced from the east coast and skinned on both sides. Wing sizes vary between0.75lb and 2lb. These are thick mature wings.
Please note that despite our best efforts fish are not caught in uniform sizes and we aim for within a 5% discrepancy
on quoted weights. These weights are taken before any finishing options e.g skinning or filleting are applied.
Skate with Browned Butter
4 portions of Skate
Salt and Black Pepper
6 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
3 tbsp Capers
1. Wash the skate well, place in a large pan and cover with water. Add Salt and 5 tablespoons of the vinegar, bring to simmering point then cook gently for about 10 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, make the beurre noisette (browned Butter) by melting the butter in a saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until brown but not black.
3. Add the remaining vinegar, pepper, parsley and capers and heat gently.
4. Drain the skate well and transfer to a warmed serving platter.
5. To serve - pour the beurre noisette over the fish and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk