|join our mailing list|
|Join our mailing list to receive exclusive special offers and regular updates from freshfishdelivered
|Fresh Cockles meats caught locally and plain boiled, not salted or pickled to give the best possible flavor.|
225g/8oz Streaky Bacon
1 Onion, chopped
50g/2oz Plain Flour
900ml/30fl.oz. Fresh Cooked Cockles
3 tbsp Freshly chopped Chives
100g/4oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
75g/3oz Caerphilly Cheese, grated
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the bacon and onion and sauté until soft.
2. Add the flour and cook for a further minute, stirring constantly. Remove from stir, until thickened and smooth.
3. Add the cockles and chives and simmer for 3-5 minutes, blending well.
4. Transfer the mixture to a flame-proof pie dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the fish mixture.
6. Grill for 5 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately.
This recipe was taken with kind permission from www.recipes4us.co.uk